NHCFAE Foundation FAAmilia Scholarship Program
APPLICATION FILING PERIOD: February 15 – May 1st
The NHCFAE champions the pursuit of higher education and supports students with merit-based scholarships. In 2018, the Coalition created the NHCFAE Charitable Foundation as a way to support the education of members and their families, and to replace the NHCFAE FEEA Scholarship.
Scholarship Awards: Depending on the amount of funding raised prior to award, scholarships will be no lower than $500 for one year of academic study at an accredited college or university. The scholarship is not renewable, however, applicants may apply every year they are eligible, whether or not they received an award in the past. All scholarships are subject to availability of funding.
Individuals Eligible for Scholarships:
- NHCFAE members
- Children or legal dependents under the age of 25 of NHCFAE members
- Spouses of NHCFAE members
NHCFAE members, either applying directly or serving as a sponsor, must be a dues paying NHCFAE member for at least 1 year as of the scholarship application deadline.
Applicants must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative, unweighted grade point average. Applicants with a grade point average below 3.0 are not eligible to apply.
Children, dependents or spouses applying for support must be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in their academic program. NHCFAE member applicants may study part-time.
Applicants will not be discriminated on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Selection Criteria: Scholarship selection committee members consider the following factors in ranking and recommending applicants:
- The applicant’s record of academic and personal achievement
- The applicant’s record of community service and engagement
- The recommendation of the academic or professional contact, and
- The substance and quality of writing throughout the application
Award Notifications: Recipients will be announced at the annual NHCFAE training conference and later confirmed via email. Scholarship checks are made out to the recipient’s college or university and will be mailed no later than September 30.
- The deadline to submit applications is May 1 at 11:59 PM EDT. Applications will not be accepted beyond the deadline. Applicants are encouraged to request their recommendation letter and submit their applications well before the deadline in case of any last minute technical challenges.
- All applications must be completed online.
- Fax, email or mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants will need to upload a PDF copy of their most recent transcript and one letter of recommendation in order to complete the application. Please obtain these documents prior to starting your application. Applications without transcripts or letter of recommendation will be disqualified.
- Recommendation letter may be from a teacher, professor, guidance counselor, community member (ex: coach, volunteer supervisor, club mentor, etc), or professional (supervisor or colleague). Recommendation letter should be signed and no longer than 1 page.
- Download application here: NHCFAE Charitable Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship recipients will be asked to write a short article for the NHCFAE magazine, FAAmilia, after they have received their scholarship.
Questions in reference to this Scholarship program may be submitted to the NHCFAE Charitable Foundation Chairperson at: firstname.lastname@example.org