APPLICATION FILING PERIOD: February 15 – May 1st
Selected applicants will be notified after September 1 and name will be displayed on NHCFAE Danny Gutierrez Scholarship webpage.
The Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship was developed to assist minorities and females studying electronic and engineering majors, who need financial assistance to attend college. Each year, 1 scholarship is awarded to 1 individual who is studying electronics or engineering.
Danny was a friend and mentor to many of us, with a passion to help those in need. Especially those whose dream was to achieve higher education. Danny began his career in the FAA after graduating from California State University Northridge with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
The Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship was established in his memory. On March 26, 2008, Danny succumbed to a long battle with cancer. Danny was a member of NHCFAE for 12 years and during 6 of those he held the position of Regional Chapter Director for the Western Pacific Chapter. He served 1 year as the Vice President to finish out a term that was left vacant. Eventually, he became the National Director of Resources for 2 and a half years, until the time of his passing.
Danny’s spirit of honesty, along with his loyalty, humor and friendship is sincerely missed by those who had the honor of knowing him.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Major field of study must be in Engineering/Technical (ONLY).
Must be a US Citizen or a permanent resident residing in the United States or Puerto Rico.
Applicants must be accepted or attending an accredited college, university, or vocational/trade school at the time the scholarship is awarded.
Applications later than expiration date will NOT be accepted
The NHCFAE Scholarship Selection Committee evaluates applicants on the following criteria:
- Education in Engineering/Technical Fields
- Financial Need
- Academic Achievement
- Student Activities
- Community Involvement
- Personal Qualities and Strengths
All decisions by the Scholarship Selection Committee are FINAL.
APPLICATION and NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES
- Complete the online application at: Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship Program. Scholarship will be awarded based on the information contained on this scholarship application.
- Upload a copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Financial Report submitted to the college, university or vocation/trade school where you are or will be enrolled.
- Upload an Official Transcript to the application of recent high school/college/vocational or trade school and a verification of enrollment must accompany your application. Please have school compute and annotate GPA on official transcript based on 4.0 (unweighted). First year graduate students are to send their undergraduate transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation (dated within past year) is to be submitted from a school official who can verify your academic honors and/or awards; student activities; and community involvement as well as discuss your potential for future success. It should address qualities such as motivation, self-confidence, leadership and commitment. The name of the school with an address and telephone number of the official writing the recommendation should be included. Upload the Letter of Recommendation to the application if you have more than one letter, combine them into one file and upload that file.
Scholarship recipients name will be published in the NHCFAE in FAAmilia magazine.
If you have any questions regarding the Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship Program, please email to email@example.com and a reply will be sent to your e-mail address.