The DOT Creating Career Opportunities for All DOT Administrative Personnel program provides administrative personnel in GS 9 and below (and equivalent) positions with the knowledge and resources they need to pursue career choices. Research shows that many of our lower grade personnel tend not to move beyond the GS 9 level. In response to this, DOT has created a career opportunity program to empower administrative personnel by providing them with access to resources they need to pursue career opportunities. In addition, the program supports President Obama’s initiatives on Women and Girls as well as Diversity and Inclusion.
Who is eligible?
The program is open to all DOT Administrative Personnel in GS 9 and below (and equivalent) positions.
What does the program include?
The program will run from November 2014 to April 2015. Registered employees will have the chance to take part in:
- Kick-off Event: A panel discussion with leaders and LinkVisum who will introduce DOT’s new Career Counseling Services
- Panelists will share: how they got started, how they have become who they are today, what makes a person marketable, and what they look for in employees they hire.
- Up to three 1-hour individual sessions with a LinkVisum career counselor/coach.
- An instructor led session on how to create an Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- A targeted TMS/eLMS Skillsoft curriculum of courses and resources relevant to the program topics.
- A session led by OPM on “Resume Writing and Interviewing Techniques.”
- A session led by FAA on “Professionals in the Work Place.”
- A session on how to find a mentor and establish networks.
The date and time, as well as registration information, for each event will be sent out several weeks prior to that specific event.
How do I register for an event?
Employees self-register in TMS/eLMS. Detailed TMS/eLMS registration information will be added to this site closer to each event and will also go out via email.
Please remember to get approval from your supervisor prior to registering for any event.
Kick–off Event Registration Information:
All qualified employees are encouraged to attend our kick-off event on December 1st from 10:00am to 12:00pm EST. To accommodate all interested employees, web streaming is available.
If you are located close to the DOT Building, 1200 New Jersey Ave, SE, Washington D.C, and within the local commuting area, and would like to attend in person, please self-register in TMS using Item ID DOT_DOT_CRROP_2014_3 (Scheduling Offer: 27198) .
FAA employees use eLMS Item ID: FAA30201174 – Scheduling Offer: 93448.
The first 100 employees to register for the face-to-face/in person location in TMS/eLMS will receive an invite verifying your attendance. All others should use the web-streaming link so you can attend live on-line and should register using the Web-streaming information below.
Please self-register in TMS by going to https://tms.ibc.doi.gov/
Log into TMS using your ID and password.
Enter DOT_DOT_CRROP_2014 into the Search Catalog box and select Go.
Select the course title (face-to-face or web-streaming) you would like to attend:
- Face-to-face (in Conference Center): Item ID DOT_DOT_CRROP_2014_3
- Web-streaming (live on-line): Item ID DOT_DOT_CRROP_2014_4 (Scheduling Offer: 27199)
- Select Register.
- Please self-register in eLMS by going to https://elms.faa.gov/
Log into eLMS using your ID and password.
- Enter FAA30201174 into the Search Catalog box and select Go.
- Select the View Course Dates link.
- Select the course title (In-Person or Webinar/web-streaming) you would like to attend:
- In-Person (in Conference Center): – Scheduling Offer: 93448 Select Register.
- Webinar/Web-streaming (live on-line): – Scheduling Offer: 93449
- Select Register.
All registered participants will receive the web-streaming link for the event several days before the session.
We are committed to providing equal access to this event for all participants. If you need alternative formats or other accommodations, please contact Cora.McVey@dot.gov
If you need assistance registering please contact your TMS/eLMS Administrator or contact the Helpdesk.
Please submit any questions you may have to Career.Opportunities@dot.