- The purpose of the National Awards Program is to recognize outstanding achievement or service for Hispanics within the FAA.
- Nomination Period
- The nomination period is January 1st through May 1st. Postmark by May 1 assures acceptance. No exceptions or extensions will be made beyond May 1. Download the National Award Nomination Form here.
- Categories and Qualifications
1. Member of the Year
Any member who has demonstrated leadership capabilities, furthered the goals of the Coalition, and supported Region/Center Chapter activities.
- 2. Officer of the Year
Any Executive Committee officer who has demonstrated service beyond the normal responsibilities. (Note: This award is conferred by the President; nominations are not accepted.)
- 3. Region/Center Chapter of the Year
Any Region/Center Chapter that has furthered the goals of the Coalition by:
– Maintaining open communications among the members
– Recruiting/maintaining members
– Sponsoring chapter activities
– Furthering aviation awareness
– Participating in national Coalition programs
– Promoting awareness of Hispanics, females, and other minorities.
- 4. Non-member of the Year
Any person who has demonstrated commitment to the goals and objective of the Coalition.
- 5. Civil Rights Officer of the Year
Any FAA Civil Rights Officer who has furthered the goals of the Coalition, and supported Region/Center Chapter activities.
- 6. FAA Manager of the Year
Any FAA manager who has encouraged and supported participation in Hispanic programs.
- Nomination Procedures
1. Any member in good standing may submit a nomination(s).
2. The nomination form and supporting documentation shall be submitted in writing. The form should be completely filled; incomplete forms will not be processed.
- All nominations should be e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org postmarked May 1.